Many changes can take place in the years following a divorce. When circumstances involving your job or health have changed, court orders may need to be adjusted to account for those changes. If you have lost your job, are working at a lower wage, or have suffered an accident resulting in serious injury, it may be time to address outdated court orders. Another thing to consider is that the needs of your children might be different after a certain number of years. If you believe that court orders are no longer effective, an experienced family law attorney can help.


At The Law Office of Ronald Kossack, we assist residents of Tempe, AZ, and the surrounding areas. We deal with all aspects of family law including divorce, child decision making (custody), child support and modifications. We can assist you with the process of petitioning the court for a modification of a family court order to help you to prove that the changes that have taken place warrant the modification. To speak with an attorney, contact us online or by calling (480) 345-2652.

Different court orders that we will work to change include:

  • Child decision making (custody) — Changes to a child’s physical and emotional health may require a modification. Changes in the parents’ lives can also warrant a modification including remarriage, relocation, substance abuse, or job change.
  • Parenting time – Parenting time schedules may need to be modified over time as children age or circumstances change.
  • Child support — Changes in income, daycare requirements, parenting time, visitation changes, or special needs can sometimes warrant a modification.
  • Spousal maintenance awards — A change in income or health could warrant a modification.


When child decision making (custody), parenting time, relocation, or child support modifications are petitioned, the court will always take the best interests of the child into account. In any case, a petition will need to be supported by substantial evidence showing that a change has occurred that warrants a modification of orders. To speak with a Tempe family law attorney about your legal matter, contact us online or by calling (480) 345-2652. We offer a free initial consultation as an opportunity to discuss your matter and how we can help.


Contact Us

  • Do not fill this form out if you're a solicitor.
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • :
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.