Call Us:
FREE Initial Consultation


  • June 2017 (4)
  • April 2017 (5)
  • March 2017 (5)
  • February 2017 (5)
  • January 2017 (5)
  • December 2016 (5)
  • November 2016 (5)
  • October 2016 (5)
  • September 2016 (5)
  • August 2016 (5)
  • July 2016 (5)
  • June 2016 (5)
  • May 2016 (7)
  • April 2016 (5)
  • March 2016 (5)
  • February 2016 (5)
  • January 2016 (6)
  • December 2015 (5)
  • November 2015 (5)
  • October 2015 (8)
  • September 2015 (3)
  • August 2015 (9)
  • July 2015 (5)
  • June 2015 (5)
  • May 2015 (5)
  • March 2015 (5)
  • February 2015 (5)
  • January 2015 (5)
  • December 2014 (5)
  • November 2014 (5)
  • October 2014 (5)
  • September 2014 (9)
  • July 2014 (5)
  • June 2014 (5)
  • May 2014 (3)
  • January 2014 (1)

  • Areas of Focus

    Contact Us Today

    Law Office of Ronald Kossack
    4645 South Lakeshore Drive, Suite 4
    Tempe, AZ 85282

    Phone: 480-345-2652
    Fax: 480-897-6038

    How to Get a Deadbeat Dad in Arizona to Pay Child Support?

    Most everyone would agree children deserve support from both their parents. Unfortunately it doesn’t always happen like that. Too many times after a break up, the children are left in a single parent home with little to no support from their father. While it can feel like there is no support for you, Arizona does have a program in place to help you get a child support order and enforce it.


    The Arizona Department of Economic Security’s Division of Child Support Enforcement Program (DCSE) offers parents a whole range of services to help enforce their child support orders. It all begins with filling out the application. If you have custody of your child, and need help establishing paternity, a child support order, or need help enforcing an order, you are eligible for this program. You just need to fill out the application to get the ball rolling.


    Next, it’s important to establish paternity of your children. If the other parent is cooperative, it’s as simple as filling out the form to acknowledge the child or children belong to him. If they are not cooperative, DCSE will generally refer your case to the Assistant Attorney General’s office for a court hearing. Once you have established paternity, the other parent will be notified that a child support order is being established. If they do not respond the court will establish a default order and set the child support amount. If they do respond, there may be a negotiation based on their income and responsibilities.


    If you have your order, but your child’s parent is not paying the DCSE has means to force a payment. The DCSE has the authority to withhold earnings, seize assets, place a lien on properties, report the credit bureaus, or even revoke a professional license. They can even place them in contempt of court and have them arrested.


    Hiring an experienced attorney can really be beneficial at all stages of this process. An attorney can help move the case along, and ensure you are given a fair amount of child support for your child. At the Law Office of Ronald L. Kossack, we want to make sure your child is receiving the support they deserve. To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss the details of your child support matter with a Tempe child support lawyer, contact us online or by calling 480-345-2652.