Call Us:
FREE Initial Consultation


  • June 2017 (4)
  • April 2017 (5)
  • March 2017 (5)
  • February 2017 (5)
  • January 2017 (5)
  • December 2016 (5)
  • November 2016 (5)
  • October 2016 (5)
  • September 2016 (5)
  • August 2016 (5)
  • July 2016 (5)
  • June 2016 (5)
  • May 2016 (7)
  • April 2016 (5)
  • March 2016 (5)
  • February 2016 (5)
  • January 2016 (6)
  • December 2015 (5)
  • November 2015 (5)
  • October 2015 (8)
  • September 2015 (3)
  • August 2015 (9)
  • July 2015 (5)
  • June 2015 (5)
  • May 2015 (5)
  • March 2015 (5)
  • February 2015 (5)
  • January 2015 (5)
  • December 2014 (5)
  • November 2014 (5)
  • October 2014 (5)
  • September 2014 (9)
  • July 2014 (5)
  • June 2014 (5)
  • May 2014 (3)
  • January 2014 (1)

  • Areas of Focus

    Contact Us Today

    Law Office of Ronald Kossack
    4645 South Lakeshore Drive, Suite 4
    Tempe, AZ 85282

    Phone: 480-345-2652
    Fax: 480-897-6038

    I got demoted at work, can I change my child support?

    There are many things that can occur in your life to cause you to lose income. Life is unpredictable, and it can cause you problems when lose income. If you get a demotion at work, it can cause you a loss in pay. If this happens, you may struggle to be able to meet all of your financial obligations. You may not be able to cover your child support payments, and you need to know whether or not you can change your child support agreement.

    It Is Important Not to Stop Making Payments

    If you lose income for any reason, it is very important that you do not simply stop making your child support payments. If you stop making your payments, it could cause you to lose custody of your kids or your visitation rights with them. This is the last thing in the world that you want, and you can avoid this as long as you don’t violate your child support agreement.

    Get in Front of a Judge

    The courts recognize the fact that life is unpredictable, and the legal system has procedures in place to allow you to modify your child support agreement if you have a loss of income. You will need to keep making your payments while you wait to get a hearing with a family courts judge. Once you are in front of the judge, you can make the case for a rearrangement of the child support agreement. You can reduce your child support payments if you have a legitimate cause, and a loss of income due to a demotion at work certainly qualifies.

    Get the Help of Legal Experts

    In order to protect yourself, you should always consult with an attorney whenever you have to go in front of a judge. When you need to make changes to your child support agreement, you will benefit greatly from enlisting the services of a lawyer who is experienced in family law. When you seek the help of an expert, it allows you to have the best chance of gaining a successful outcome whenever you have to deal with the legal system.

    Getting a demotion at work does not have to be the end of the world. It certainly does not have to be the end of seeing your kids. When you follow the proper steps, you can get your child support payments reduced and keep your custody rights in place.

    To speak with a lawyer today about modifying a child support arrangement, contact us online or by calling 480-345-2652.