Call Us:
FREE Initial Consultation


  • June 2017 (4)
  • April 2017 (5)
  • March 2017 (5)
  • February 2017 (5)
  • January 2017 (5)
  • December 2016 (5)
  • November 2016 (5)
  • October 2016 (5)
  • September 2016 (5)
  • August 2016 (5)
  • July 2016 (5)
  • June 2016 (5)
  • May 2016 (7)
  • April 2016 (5)
  • March 2016 (5)
  • February 2016 (5)
  • January 2016 (6)
  • December 2015 (5)
  • November 2015 (5)
  • October 2015 (8)
  • September 2015 (3)
  • August 2015 (9)
  • July 2015 (5)
  • June 2015 (5)
  • May 2015 (5)
  • March 2015 (5)
  • February 2015 (5)
  • January 2015 (5)
  • December 2014 (5)
  • November 2014 (5)
  • October 2014 (5)
  • September 2014 (9)
  • July 2014 (5)
  • June 2014 (5)
  • May 2014 (3)
  • January 2014 (1)

  • Areas of Focus

    Contact Us Today

    Law Office of Ronald Kossack
    4645 South Lakeshore Drive, Suite 4
    Tempe, AZ 85282

    Phone: 480-345-2652
    Fax: 480-897-6038

    Can I Change Visitation Times for the Summer?

    Parents who are no longer together may have a custody and visitation agreement in effect. One of the parents may want to change the terms for the visitation slightly during the summertime when the children are not in school. Such a change is possible, but the non-custodial parent has to go about doing it the proper way. He or she will have to visit the courts and go through a process. The following is some information on how one can change a visitation agreement.

    Write Down the Proposed Plan

    The non-custodial parent should write down the arrangement that he or she would like to see the courts approve. The non-custodial parent could discuss it with the custodial parent, but no guarantee exists that the custodial parent will agree with it.

    File a Motion for a Modification of the Order

    The next step in the process is filing a motion for an order modification. The non-custodial parent will want to visit a courthouse and complete the packet of paperwork to file the motion. The parent can add any information that he or she feels is pertinent to the cause. The court will schedule a hearing, and the custodial parent will have a certain amount of time to reply to the request. That person can explain why he or she feels as though the courts should not grant the visitation changes to the non-custodial parent. The judge will hear both sides of the story and make a decision based on his perception of the evidence.

    Contact a Family Law Attorney for Assistance

    A non-custodial parent should always contact an attorney for assistance with a visitation request. The attorney can help in some ways. First, the attorney can provide mediation services. He or she can act as a go-between for the parties so that they can develop an amicable agreement. The attorney can file the paperwork promptly with the courts, as well, which will take some of the pressure off the client. Finally, the attorney can help to explain the necessity of the change in question.

    A non-custodial parent can contact a reliable law office and request an initial consultation. The attorney will provide the person with a reasonable quote that he or she can afford. The attorney will then assist the client in getting his or her needs met, as long as they are in the best interests of the child.